Navah Hopkins is part of the Thought Leadership and Customer Success teams at WordStream. She’s worked in digital marketing since 2008, and in paid search since 2012, committed to helping advertisers across all industries WordStream serves achieve profit and understand the process. Prior to joining WordStream, Navah's worked on several start-ups, as well as facilitating mentorship opportunities. When she’s not helping customers or speaking at conferences, Navah enjoys gaming with her husband and cuddling with her two cats and rescue dog.
I LOVE helping people achieve profit - talking business models and growth, as well as empowering people to own their star power.
More than 100 miles
I need my expenses covered - travel, hotel, meals, etc.
In 2017 the average cost per click for AdWords paid search placements hit $2.32, and Facebook is catching up with an average of $1.72. Budgets that used to bring in enough leads, now struggle to bring in enough clicks to yield conversions, and businesses and agencies alike are hurting. While some may say, “find the money” the reality is some businesses truly can’t afford more than $1000 per month. Yet not everyone has the time or knowhow to build an effective SEO channel. For many small business, and the agencies that serve them, it can feel like a no-win scenario.
Rather than giving into despair, advertisers can attend this data driven power session where we will:
- Review common campaign settings in AdWords and Facebook that can bust an otherwise healthy budget including location targeting, bid adjustments on device and schedule, and bidding strategies and how to fix them.
- Identify which parts of the business have the best margins, and therefore should get access to budget.
- Know when to apply budget to the transactional search result page, vs passive consumption of content on Facebook and display.
We need to stop buying into the mindset that the only way to solve account performance issues is to throw money at it. This session is designed to help advertisers win with what they have, and know how to translate those wins into real world growth.
Talking money can be hard, but in the world of Paid Search and Social, underbudgeting can turn otherwise brilliant marketing strategies into wasteful spend. On the other hand, given that it is pay to play, it can be intimidating to invest heavily before you’re confident a strategy will yield profit.
Common mistakes that thwart advertisers and agencies alike include:
- Bidding on keywords that can’t fit at least 10 clicks in a day (banking on at least a 10% conversion rate).
- Combining strategic objectives (branded and general service, products and services with different margins, etc.) in the same campaign to “save” money, but ends up costing more because there isn’t a consistent cost per click (CPC) range.
- Setting a budget and cost per acquisition goals that isn’t directly tied to real world profit.
In this data-oriented power session, attendees will learn:
- Important metrics and factors that influence ROI including bid to budget ratios, impression share, and strategic continuity in the campaigns (limited range in cpc’s, segmenting out branded and competitor campaigns, etc)
- How to forecast budget needs based on historical performance and real-world profit.
- How to craft tests and experiments that are primed to make you the hero, while honoring strategic objectives from clients/leadership.
- When and how to bring up budget increase requests to ensure you’re able to scale.
Attendees will leave the session empowered with account auditing strategies and soundbites that highlight their success and prove their work is worthy of further investment. This session is targeted towards agencies, and marketing managers who must fight for their budget each fiscal year/quarter.